This supper, originally a kind of what- can- I- make- that's- vegan- while- the- kids- have- pizza? turned out better than a expected, considering it was invented from whatever I could find in the fridge and cupboards. So tasty, in fact, I will be making it again. I haven't given quantities, as they are not really necessary; just adapt to however many people you want to feed.
roasted orange firm-fleshed pumpkin
roasted courgette, sliced diagonally
sundried tomatoes, cut into strips
coarse-ground black pepper
light soy sauce
water to mix
(Add ingredients in the given order until you have a thick, custard-like texture and a "cheesy" flavour. The water will make the sauce thicken at first, then it thins as you add more.)
- Mix the salt and smoked paprika with the mashed roasted pumpkin and spread onto the almost-cooked pizza base
- Add the sundried tomatoes, roasted courgette slices and olives
- Drizzle with the tahini sauce
- Sprinke with the pepper and dried basil
- Return to the oven (200C) and cook until heated through, but not long enough to over-dry the sauce.