|Lashings of tofu mayo, slices of succulent seitan and piles of spicy salad and pickle make this banh mi a satisfying complete meal|
|I used my Magimix to get the slices and shreds thin|
|Use plenty of fillings for each person!|
- Bake the seitan in a shallow ovenproof dish with some of the leftover stock from making it at 200C until liquid is absorbed, turning once.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad veg. as shown in the picture above. The cucumber needs to be sliced thinly and the radish shredded.
- Make the mayo in your blender and set aside.
- You can either keep the seitan warm and also warm the bread, or serve the banh mi cold, as I did. (Cold seemed right because of the raw veg.)
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the bread with mayo, laying on the seitan and topping with salad and pickle/ chilli miso.
- Make sure your sandwich is full to bursting with crunchy veg, oozing mayo and spicy flavours and don't eat it in public :/