200g dried fruit- a mix of unsulphured apricots, pitted prunes and vine fruits
- Chop the apricots and prunes and soak with the vine fruits in the orange juice and water.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare a tin/ silicone mould. I used a rectangular one which I filled to about 2"deep so it would cook through evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and nuts.
- Drain the liquid from the dried fruits and add that to the coconut oil.
- Add this to the dry mixture with the fruit and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the centre of the oven. Don't turn it out if the tin until it has cooled or it may crumble.