|This chutney makes an excellent companion for cashew cheese and crackers- an "I-can't-believe-it's-not dairy" experience!|
Cranberry Sauce (no sugar):
200g fresh cranberries
200g agave nectar
- Wash the cranberries and put into a sturdy saucepan with what little water is still clinging to them.
- Heat them gently. the juices will come out and the fruits will gradually break down.
- When the fruit has broken down stir in the agave. Continue to simmer until it reaches setting point. This doesn't take long at all- keep testing by dropping a little into a cup of cold water. If it sticks together, it is done.
- Bottle in a sterilised jar and keep in the fridge.
- Cook the spices and ginger in the oil.
- When the spices are giving off their aromas but are not overcooked, add the cranberries and sultanas.
- Simmer gently until the cranberries have broken down; add the agave and continue to setting point, as for the cranberry sauce (above).
- Bottle and keep in the fridge.