|This is actually a Cornish pasty- the pesto ones look greener. (Unfortunately they got eaten before I could photograph them.)|
My husband has beaten me at pastry making...grrrr! We rustled up some really good pasties between us one night for supper and couldn't wait to share them with you all.
For the pesto recipe, look here, and you can find pasty pastry and instructions here, although you'll have to wait until we write it down for my husband's new, amazing,crumbly and light pastry recipe...
All you need to do is:
- Make the pastry and chill it, wrapped, in the fridge.
- Whizz up the easy storecupboard pesto from the recipe linked above.
- Chop and stir fry some veggies.
- Mix the veggies with a generous amount of the pesto.
- Make pasties by rolling out circles of pastry, dolloping the filling on the centre and bringing the sides together. Use water to seal the top.
- Bake on an oiled tray at 200C until lightly browned.
You may have noticed we're not posting so regularly or commenting/ going on fb/ tweeting this week; sorry for that- Nanda is really busy doing building stuff around the house, and I have been working towards what may be a really exciting food-related opportunity (please, please keep your fingers crossed for me....)