What did you have for Christmas dinner?- Walnut and red pepper roast
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, including the seasoning
- Grate the peppers directly into the bowl to catch all the juices
- Add tomato puree. (Mixture should hold together when you gently squeeze a handful of it.)
- Line a large square cake tin (I used a silicone one; if you use metal, you should grease and line with baking parchment) with sliced tomato and olives- a bit like the pineapple and cherries in upside -down cake.
- Put the loaf mixture into the tin, press down lightly and stud the top with the quartered walnuts.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 225C until browned on top.
- Turn out onto a serving plate/tray (see photo)
- We served this with roast potatoes and parsnips (use butter ghee for a delicious change), glazed Brussels sprouts and gravy made from vegetable cooking juices and Marmite. Oh, and don't forget the home-made cranberry sauce!