Tofu and Roasted Vegetable Quiche
Makes 8 portions, in a 10"/ 25.5cm loose-bottomed flan dish.
Blind-baked pastry case made with vegan unhydrogenated margarine (you can use oil, but it's harder to handle the pastry)
1x250g block of firm tofu
a handful of roasted vegetables such as peppers, courgettes (zucchini) and aubergine
200ml soya milk
2x tabs lemon juice
black pepper, hing, herbs
1 tab soy/tamari sauce/ liquid aminos
sunflower seeds and/ or pine nuts
- Line the pastry case with the roasted vegetables
- Reserve a handful of sweetcorn and the seeds/ pine nuts and whizz everything else in a blender until quite smooth.
- Add the rest of the sweetcorn to the blended filling.
- Pour into the pastry case and top with the seeds and pine nuts
- Bake for 20 mins at 200C (or 225C if you don't have a fan oven).