Fathers' Day Banana Bread- vegan,sugar free
This is probably the last post I will make for about a week; maybe a bit more, the reason being the Harikatha Festival (see previous posts) which I am helping to organise. I'll be back afterwards with some culinary tales and pics from the large commercial kitchen we are using...
250g self-raising flour
150g wholemeal flour
6 tsps baking powder
4 tsps mixed spice
75g chopped walnuts
400ml agave nectar
150ml rice bran oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 small ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Beat the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the banana, mixing thoroughly.
- Put into a prepared medium-sized square baking tray or loaf tin and cook in a preheated oven at 180C for about 30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.