Chocolate flapjacks- vegan



I can't take full credit for these flapjacks; the concept was my husband's. At last a vegan flapjack that holds together without the use of margarine!
250ml organic cold-pressed sunflower oil
250g demerara sugar
50ml water
400g porridge oats
150-200g plain chocolate/ vegan "milk" chocolate
  • Gently heat the sugar and oil until the sugar has melted 
  • Remove from the heat
  • Add the water and oats and mix well.
  • Press down into an oiled oblong Swiss-roll tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is starting to brown.
  • Before the mixture has cooled, break the chocolate into small pieces and scatter evenly over it. Leave it for a few minutes to melt and then spread it. When partially set, mark out so that the cooled flapjacks will cut up without breaking the chocolate or crumbling at the edges. Makes 16 flapjacks.
Possible tweak: Add a little natural almond essence to the oat mixture: it goes really well with the chocolate.

Comments

  1. wow delicious and yummy recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look super delicious! I love the ingredients - My hubby with my often cook together, esp over the weekends :)
    Please don't forget to "LIKE" my FB page to qualify for the wonderful giveaways dear!
    Cheers,
    priya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts