Amazing vegan crumble topping....
|This is, in fact, rhubarb crumble, but the toppings look pretty similar...|
To the prepared (and pre-cooked fruit) add this topping: (1 cup=250ml)
1 cup jumbo oats
1 cup porridge oats, partly ground
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup ground pumpkin seeds
1 cup hemp flour
2 cups demerara or other raw cane sugar, ground to the consistency of caster sugar
50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Rub in the olive oil
- Mix in a little water; just enough for the mixture to start to stick together
- Spread on top of the fruit in a large rectangular baking dish
- Bake at 200C until the top is just starting to brown
- This crumble is really delicious served with custard made from soya milk, and, as my husband pointed out, means the dessert contains all four vegetable sources of protein: seeds, nuts, grains and pulses!