Tangy Red Cabbage Casserole- vegan or vegetarian
|The vegan version has yeast flakes on top (invisible in this pic)|
|Here's what it looks like with the addition of some melted Cheddar cheese|
- Stir- fry the cabbage and celery in the oil with the hing and soy sauce
- Add the rest of the ingredients, water last
- Turn into a large ovenproof dish and bake at 200C for about half an hour. Cover with foil/ a lid if it looks like it is drying out
- You can top with grated vegetarian Cheddar cheese or yeast flakes (nutritional yeast) for the last 10 minutes.
- We ate ours unaccompanied, but it would be great with some wholemeal pitta bread or freshly-baked bread rolls