Lemon and Coconut Squares- vegan
|Lemon and coconut squares|
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare your cake pan (when using metal, I oil and flour the inside).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl or jug, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Now beat the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients and pour unto your pan/ mould/ tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes (use the skewer test).
- While the cake is baking, boil the lemon juice and sugar together until you get a sticky (but still runny) lemon syrup.
- While the cooked cake is still warm from the oven, sprinkle with the grated lemon rind, then spoon the syrup over the top, ensuring it is well covered. Finish with a thick sprinkling of desiccated coconut.