|Adapt the seasonings to suit your own taste, or follow my suggestion for a mild and family-friendly side dish|
- First grate all the veggies apart from the peas and sweetcorn. (I used the fine attachment on my Magimix.)
- Wash the rice and place in a pan with 3x 250ml cups of water, the salt and the turmeric.
- Put the lid on, bring to the boil then turn down and simmer gently until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook it or it will become sticky and stodgy and the grains will break up.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a small pan and throw in the rest of the spices. When the aromas are released (don't overbrown) add the grated veggies, peas and sweetcorn.
- After a couple of minutes stirring and heating the veg through add them to the rice (which by now should be virtually done).
- Your pulao is now ready!