Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas cookery 7: Main courses: Budget Nut Roast, Walnut and Red Pepper Roast (vegan)


I'm sure everyone has their favourite veggie/ vegan main courses, but if you want a more traditional dish-  minus the turkey or goose of course- then it's always useful to have some new ideas rather than trotting out the same old thing year on year. Here are a couple of variations on the usual nut-based theme to add to your repertoire. Add two or three vegetable sides (see  here, here and here) some cranberry sauce, a nice gravy and you'll have a feast that will please even the fussiest of families! Find this simple but delicious nut roast  here. If you want something a little more fancy, try out my Walnut Red Pepper Roast.
PS: I know this is a little late for Christmas Day, but I'm hoping it could still be useful if you're entertaining over the holiday period!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was! And you'd be surprised how easy it is to put together, especially if you can do the grinding and grating in a food processor :) Do let me know what you think if you try it out...

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)