|These gluten-free stuffing balls make a great addition to your Christmas roast dinner|
200g whole buckwheat grains(dry weight)
100-150g semi-dried apricots, finely chopped
2 celery sticks
olive oil for saute-ing
1/2-1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tab dried thyme
1/2 tp compound hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp seasalt
- Cook the buckwheat until really soft in about 400ml water, keep cooking until all the water is absorbed.
- Meawhile, finely slice and saute the celery in the oil. When it's cooked stir in the apricots and add to the cooked buckwheat.
- Blitz half of the mixture in a blender/ food processor until smooth and sticky and recombine with the rest in a large mixing bowl.
- Now mix in the rest of the ingredients thoroughly and roll into balls.
- Place on an oiled baking sheet in an oven pre-heated to 200C and cook until nicely browned (but not crispy!) turning once. This should take around 20 minutes or so, a little less than a nut roast, so put them in the oven last.
|Who doesn't love sweet, tangy and fruity cranberry sauce?|