Apple and Cashew Cream Tart- vegan, no cane sugar
|The creamy, sweet filling will ooze out just a little when the tart is cut...|
2 tabs plain white flour
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
100ml cold-pressed sunflower oil
200g wholemeal flour
a further 200g plain white flour
- In your food processor, blend the 50ml of water with the 2 tabs plain white flour, then add the oils.
- Mix in the flours and just enough water to form a ball.
- Chill it in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- In your blender/ food processor, grind the cashews to a fine powder.
- Add the water and date syrup, mixing well.
- Slice the apples about 4-5mm thick and cook in just enough water to soften them, so that all the water gets absorbed.
- Oil a loose-bottomed 10" flan dish and roll out/ press the pastry into it. (If the pastry is hard to handle just press in evenly and not too thick or thin.)
- Pour in the cashew cream and spread over the pastry.
- Lay the apple slices neatly on top, tarte tatin -style.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200C for about 20 minutes, until the pastry and the apples are just starting to brown at the edges.
- Allow to cool before serving- that is, if you can wait that long!
PS: We are using a Dynamic Views template, which makes it easier to click through all the posts. Other stuff like followers is neatly stowed away at the right hand side, so just hover over there to see/ use it. If you want to leave a comment and you are the first to comment, you need to click on "No comments" at the bottom of the post to get the comments box to write in. Hope this clarifies things :)