|There's nothing quite like home made cookies...|
500g unhydrogenated vegan margarine
500g organic wholemeal flour
250g gour (try increasing to 300g or maybe even a little more if you have a sweet tooth)
250g porridge oats
100g dried apple
50g lexia raisins
3 rounded tsps ground cinnamon
- Chop the raisins and apples finely and set aside.
- Melt the gour in a sturdy pan on a medium-low flame, stirring to avoid burning it.
- When it's lump-free and completely liquefied turn the heat off.
- Meanwhile, put the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the margarine and the gour and mix with the other ingredients; I got right in there with my hands to make sure everything was thoroughly combined.
- Make 26 balls from the mixture, about the size of pingpong balls.
- Flatten each ball with a spatula on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or so at 200C. (Preheat the oven so it's nice and hot as soon as the cookies go in.)
- Leave to cool if you can wait that long....