Blackberry Icecream- vegan, sugar free, gluten free, soya free
|Perfect alone or garnished with a fresh lemon balm leaves (or even chunks of dark chocolate!)|
- First make the puree by simmering the chopped dates with the water until you get a paste- I helped this along by using a hand blender once all the water had been absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of the blackberries to the date paste and continue to simmer until they have broken down and the whole thing is a thick puree.
- Optional but worth it: Rub the puree through a fine-meshed sieve to get rid of those annoying little blackberry seeds. This will take quite a few minutes, and you have to make sure you don't lose too much volume. You should end up with about a cup of puree, maybe a little less.
- Now pour your coconut milk into a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer. Use a balloon whisk to blend in the puree. Continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the No Egg, then stir in the other cupful of blackberries.
- Pour the liquid into a bowl and let it cool down.
- Put it in the freezer. Remove and beat when partly frozen to keep it soft. Return to the freezer, but don't let it freeze too hard. Or, if you are lucky enough to own one, use an icecream maker.
- If you don't mind about eating sugar: Serve with chunks of dark chocolate, or even mix in some when you add the whole blackberries. Yum!
- Strawberry and Banana Icecream: http://theyogivegetarian.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/strawberry-banana-icecream-vegan-no.html
- Mango Cashew Kulfi: http://theyogivegetarian.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/mango-cashew-kulfi-vegan-sugar-free.html
- Avocado Chocolate Semifreddo: http://theyogivegetarian.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/avocado-chocolate-semifreddo-vegan.html
- Banana Icecream: http://theyogivegetarian.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/banana-icecream-vegan-added-sugar-and.html
- Iced Strawberry Dessert: http://theyogivegetarian.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/iced-strawberry-dessert-vegan-and-sugar.html