Roast Pumpkin and Parsnip Soup with rosemary- vegan
|Subtly sweet and smoky flavours combined with a velvety texture make this soup real Winter comfort food!|
- Roast the pumpkin at 200C until browned at the edges. Add the rosemary sprigs for the last few minutes, but not so that they get brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the parsnip in the water and salt, simmering it with the lid on until soft.
- By this time the pumpkin should be ready, so take off the rosemary and set it aside Add the pumpkin to the pan.
- Stir in the soy sauce, hing, black pepper and smoked paprika with the coconut milk. Make sure the heat is low; boiling soup at this stage can destroy some of the flavours.
- Use a hand blender (less mess!) to break it down into a thick, smooth and creamy soup.
- Strip the leaves off the rosemary sprigs and add them to the pan. As I don't like the chewy/ woody texture of whole rosemary leaves I whizzed them to a coarse powder in a spice grinder before I put them in.