|They may look plainer than before, but they taste even better!|
|I added less baking powder to make the texture denser and less spongy, but the agave ensures it is still light. The brownish colour is from grinding my own almonds and leaving the skins on.|
300g Doves Farm Gluten Free Brown Bread Flour (if you use another brand, add it gradually in case the mixture gets too dry/ wet.)
4 tsps baking powder
400ml your favourite plant milk, unsweetened
200ml agave nectar
150ml coconut oil
2 tsps natural almond essence
Some flaked almonds for decoration
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry and beat together for about 1 minutes (by hand will do). Should be dropping consistency.
- Put into a prepared tin or mould, about 1.5 -2cm deep, scatter top with flaked almonds and bake for 20 minutes or so (do the skewer test) until cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Serve warm or cold, alone or with fruit/ cream/ icecream.
|Served with a scoop of Swedish Glace (vegan icecream) and some berries, it makes a yummy dessert.|