Thursday, 3 April 2014

Inspired by... 4: Quick Coconut Yoghurt

Layered with granola and fruit and topped with ground four seed mix, it makes the perfect breakfast parfait on a sunny Spring morning!
Any recipe with "easy" or "quick" in the title immediately grabs my attention- the prospect of something yummy for very little time and effort is a tempting one. So when I saw Gena at Choosing Raw 's shortcut coconut milk yoghurt I just had to try it out. Read the original recipe here: http://www.choosingraw.com/easy-homemade-coconut-milk-yogurt/
I made a couple of small adjustments: I used agave as the sweetener, I left out the salt and I added more lemon juice. (In fact, I later added a drizzle more to cut through the richness of the coconut.)

This is the solid part of the coconut milk when it comes out of the fridge.
2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight or at least an hour or so
2 tsps probiotic powder (we bought Probio-Easy online)
2 tabs lemon juice
1 tab agave nectar
  • Separate the solid part of the coconut milk and beat it until smooth.
  • Stir in the other ingredients,
  • Beat with a hand (immersion) blender until it looks smooth and is the consistency of thick Greek yoghurt.
  • Keep in the fridge.
I did find this quite rich- you can't eat it by the bowlful as you would cultured yoghurt, but it does make a really amazing parfait layered up with granola and fresh fruit and some ground seeds on top. I'm sure it would also be delicious with fruit blended into it.



3 comments:

  1. Mmmm looks so good! I love "quick" and "easy", too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can happily finish that glass of delicious vegan dessert rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I agree though that it would be difficult to finish off an entire bowl.. but I'm already thinking of the amazing mini desserts I could whip up in shot glasses with this!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)