Inspired by... 4: Quick Coconut Yoghurt

Layered with granola and fruit and topped with ground four seed mix, it makes the perfect breakfast parfait on a sunny Spring morning!
Any recipe with "easy" or "quick" in the title immediately grabs my attention- the prospect of something yummy for very little time and effort is a tempting one. So when I saw Gena at Choosing Raw 's shortcut coconut milk yoghurt I just had to try it out. Read the original recipe here: http://www.choosingraw.com/easy-homemade-coconut-milk-yogurt/
I made a couple of small adjustments: I used agave as the sweetener, I left out the salt and I added more lemon juice. (In fact, I later added a drizzle more to cut through the richness of the coconut.)

This is the solid part of the coconut milk when it comes out of the fridge.
2 cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight or at least an hour or so
2 tsps probiotic powder (we bought Probio-Easy online)
2 tabs lemon juice
1 tab agave nectar
  • Separate the solid part of the coconut milk and beat it until smooth.
  • Stir in the other ingredients,
  • Beat with a hand (immersion) blender until it looks smooth and is the consistency of thick Greek yoghurt.
  • Keep in the fridge.
I did find this quite rich- you can't eat it by the bowlful as you would cultured yoghurt, but it does make a really amazing parfait layered up with granola and fresh fruit and some ground seeds on top. I'm sure it would also be delicious with fruit blended into it.



Comments

  1. Mmmm looks so good! I love "quick" and "easy", too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can happily finish that glass of delicious vegan dessert rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I agree though that it would be difficult to finish off an entire bowl.. but I'm already thinking of the amazing mini desserts I could whip up in shot glasses with this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts