- Mix the coconut milk, vanilla and coconut sugar together and beat as much air into it as possible with a hand blender (called an immersion blender in the US?)
- Put into the freezer and remove every half hour or so to beat more air in - unless of course you own an icecream maker, which will do it all for you.
- When nearly set, stir in the chocolate and cherries, and return to the freezer until ready to eat.
- About Us
- What is Bhakti Yoga?
- The Yogi Vegetarian Blog Policies and Creative Commons Licence
- Ingredient of the Month
- Sugar Free Recipe Links
- Raw/ dehydrator recipes
- Gluten free/ wheat free recipes
- Ekadasi Recipes
- Vegan on a Budget Blog
- Vegan Nutrition
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Cook's Notes, Conversions and Equipment
Sunday, 29 June 2014
Chocolate Cherry Caramel Icecream- vegan, can be sugar free, can be raw
2 cans coconut milk
1 3/4 cups coconut palm sugar (raw, healthy and delicate)
2 tsps natural vanilla essence
1 cup ripe cherries, stoned and halved
1/2 cup dark chocolate (bought or see this raw chocolate recipe)
I think my fantasy job is now to own a vegan ice cream parlour- what flavours would you stock?