More Budget Vegan Beauty Products

The lovely lineup looks good enough to eat ! (But please don't)
Continuing my quest for budget beauty that doesn't cost lives: This time I've been to Superdrug again, and Poundland for some colourful, cruelty- free bargains, with mixed results. 

 Let's start at Poundland:
Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry Handwash: Certainly no complaints here; it's great to get Original Source products for around half the normal price, and this is a sweet-smelling and gentle handwash that's perfect for the bathroom. They also stock the Tea Tree Handwash, another favourite of mine. There are usually also Original Source shower gels to be had from here, though the choice is rather hit-and-miss.

On to Superdrug:
Original Source Lime Shower Gel: the only reason I didn't take my chances in Poundland for this was that Superdrug were having a half price sale on Original source items, and there was more choice here. The males in my family tend to like the zinginess of this citrus-y gel, and so it caters for everyone; a great way to reduce bathroom clutter, I find, is to get products that everyone likes and can use.
Superdrug Tea Tree and Pink Grapefruit Face Wash: This smells amazing, and it's all I can do to stop myself from drinking it out of the tube of a morning... but maybe I've been spoilt with the Ayumi Turmeric and Bergamot face wash I had before because I find this one a wee bit too harsh. It is laden with sls (sodium laureth sulphate, a nasty chemical that can do nasty things) and maybe more suitable for ultra-oily teenage skins than my forty-something combination skin. I only use it at night, after being out all day, for a thorough cleanse. That said, it is very reasonably priced, at £3.29 (at the time of writing).
Superdrug uplifting Red Cherry and Fig Shampoo (£1.99 for 400ml) and Conditioner (£1.99 for 400ml): I also use the coconut shampoo and conditioner in this range, which are good for moisturising the hair, but for their beautiful, lingering fragrance and volumising effect these are my favourites. The fruitiness of cherry combines beautifully with the sweet, almost honey-like scent of a laden fig tree in the sun- and there's something almost sandalwood/ musk-y in there too. I'll be buying these again. (At the moment Superdrug own brand shampoos and conditioners are on offer as well, so you can get the shampoo and conditioner together for £3.)

PS: Original Source products carry the Vegan Society approved mark wherever applicable (some of their stuff has honey) and vegan Superdrug products are labelled as suitable for vegans and carry the BUAV symbol to show they are not animal-tested.


                                                           Happy vegan bathing!



Comments

  1. Funny; we just came back from our trip in the U.K. and we bought this Original Source lime soap. We loved it!
    I note the other ones for our next trip!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts