- Mix the solid ingredients together and the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine the liquid with the solid ingredients, and stir in the mashed banana. Mix thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a shallow rectangular prepared cake pan or dampened silicone mould, and bake in the centre of an oven preheated to 180C for about 25 minutes. Test carefully with a skewer to ensure it's not still sticky in the middle- another reason why using a shallower tin is best for this recipe.
- About Us
- What is Bhakti Yoga?
- The Yogi Vegetarian Blog Policies and Creative Commons Licence
- Ingredient of the Month
- Sugar Free Recipe Links
- Raw/ dehydrator recipes
- Gluten free/ wheat free recipes
- Ekadasi Recipes
- Vegan on a Budget Blog
- Vegan Nutrition
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Cook's Notes, Conversions and Equipment
Thursday, 28 August 2014
Banana, Cashew and Date Slice- soya free, can be sugar free
Banana, date and cashew is a favourite combo of ours for smoothies and general snacking, so what better than to throw them all together in a cake? It's a wholesome yet sweet cake that doesn't even need any sugar (unless, like me, you top it with some melted vegan chocolate!)
250g self-raising flour
150g wholemeal flour
6 tsps baking powder
3-4 tsps mixed spice
75g broken cashews
50g chopped dates
150ml melted coconut oil
3 large mashed bananas
150g vegan dark chocolate (optional)