|Cubes of almond feta are delicious with olive oil, oregano and olives...|
But guess what I discovered by accident when I found there were some soaked almonds in the fridge that needed using?- The perfect feta substitute; it's salty, tangy, creamy and even looks just right (the flecks in the picture are because I left the skins on the almonds- you could skin the almonds after soaking if you want). Here's how to make it:
- Soak some whole almonds in cold water for about 24 hours- I kept mine in the fridge.
- Drain the juice off and skin the almonds of you wish.
- Using a high speed blender/ grinder, process the almonds down to a thick paste. It should hold together when pressed.
- Mix in Himalayan pink salt and lemon juice until you are happy with the balance of sharpness and saltiness.
- Using your hands, shape into a block and store covered in the fridge.