Sticky Tofu for Bonfire Night
about 425g firm tofu
2 tabs agave- maybe maple syrup would also work well here; let us know if you try it...
2 tsps miso
2 tabs lemon juice
1 tsp tamarind concentrate
1/2 tsp hing
1/2 tab paprika
1/2 tab medium Madras curry powder
1/2 tab melted coconut oil
about a tab each of yeast flakes and ground linseeds for sprinkling
- Cube the tofu and set aside.
- Whisk all the other ingredients together until thoroughly combined. If you want it sweeter and stickier, just add a little more agave.
- Toss the tofu in the sauce and place on a lightly oiled baking tray. Brush any remaining sauce over them.
- Scatter the yeast flakes and ground linseeds on top.
- Cook straight away in an oven preheated to 180C until warmed through.