Fridge Spy (For Tinned Tomatoes)
- Top shelf, l-r: Concessional block of cheese (I'm being honest here so let's get that out of the way now!) because our teenagers still eat it, fresh dates from a Turkish grocery, ground linseeds, tamarind concentrate, miso, tomato puree, lemon juice, 4-seed mix, salad dressing made from olive oil and lemon juice and a container of various pickles and chutneys, including fiercely hot Chinese fermented soyabean and chilli much loved by my stepsons, and my far milder homemade date and tamarind chutney.
- Middle shelf, l-r: Home made cashew cheeze spread made earlier in the day to go with some soda bread and soup, peppers, aubergines and a container of chillies, ginger root and lemongrass so I can lay my hands on them fast when I'm making stir fry.
- Bottom shelf, l-r: Spring greens, cauliflower, pointed cabbage, celery (no room in the salad drawer at the moment or I'd keep it there to stay nicely crisp) and 3 packets of asparagus. The asparagus was only in there for about an hour before I made asparagus tart with it!
- Salad drawer: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and a whole bunch of chopped-into things to be used up that you can't see in the picture.
- Bottom drawer: Home grown pumpkin, organic broccoli, organic carrots, Brussels sprouts and orange sweet potatoes.
- Inside door, from top: vegan margarine, stepson's wheatgrass powder, shelf of various jams including blackcurrant, strawberry, marmalade, and home made clementine marmalade. The bottom shelf from l-r: amla juice, stepson's Hershey's chocolate sauce from the States, 2 cartons of soya milk, 2 bottles of sriracha (the boys love it!) and some ginger drink we were given.