|The pictures were taken before the pizza was baked; it didn't really look much different afterwards. The leaves were added to the hot pizza when it came out of the oven, rather than being cooked.|
- The base is organic wholemeal flour with some ground linseed (flax) added; our recipe is here. It was precooked (but not browned), the toppings added and then it was returned to the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Instead of using tomato sauce, I pureed some pumpkin, added a little tomato puree, miso and a liberal sprinkling of sweet smoked paprika. the result was tasty, sweet and earthy.
- Pre-cooked sliced beetroot, strips of re-hydrated sundried tomato, olives and green peppers make up the bulk of the pizza top, along with a sprinkling of black pepper.
- The "cheese" is almond feta- get our recipe here. The salty, lemony flavour offsets the beetroot beautifully; well worth rubbing off all those almond skins for...
- Finally, when the pizza came out of the oven I added some peppery red mustard greens and wild rocket that I found in our polytunnel.