Cacao Fudge Ripple Icecream- vegan
|See the chocolate swirls and the fudge pieces?|
|You won't believe this is vegan!|
Here's the recipe for you to try; you don't need an icecream maker, but I did use a high speed blender, which got plenty of air in and broke up the ice crystals nicely to give quite a soft finish. It makes just under a litre of icecream, with some cacao sauce left over for drizzling or to use in something else.
About 150g vegan fudge, chopped into small cubes/ broken into small pieces
2x 13oz cans coconut milk
1 3/4 cups coconut sugar
2 tsps vanilla essence
2 rounded tabs cacao powder
2 tabs agave nectar
- Whizz up the coconut milk, coconut sugar and vanilla essence in a blender and put in the freezer until partly frozen.
- Meanwhile, mix the cacao and agave together for the chocolate syrup.
- Blend the icecream again to break up any ice crystals,
- Return to the freezer.
- When the icecream is firm again, carefully stir in the fudge pieces and make swirls of chocolate syrup. (I couldn't wait for it to get firm enough, so my fudge pieces all sank to the bottom of the tub!) Reserve any leftover syrup for serving on top of the icecream if you like.
- Freeze until solid but scoop-able.