Autumn Special: Six Quick Wins with Pumpkins
|Subtly spicy and crispy pumpkin "fries"|
- Peel and slice your pumpkin into fries
- Sprinkle with soy sauce on all sides
- Toss in a mixture that is half cornmeal (polenta) and half wheat flour with a generous amount of garam masala powder
- Spread in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and bake at 200C until cooked through inside and crispy outside.
- Pair with your favourite creamy or tangy dip and dig in!
- Bake the pumpkin until soft with the oil and leave to cool.
- Add to the food processor with the sage leaves until you get a dry puree and the leaves are chopped.
- Add the buckwheat flour and salt. The mixture should be dry enough to form into balls with damp hands. The denser your type of pumpkin the easier the purée will be to handle; if it's a little sticky just dust with more buckwheat flour.
- Roll into balls and flatten with the back of a fork/ slotted spatula. I made about 24.
- Drop into boiling water and simmer until they are all floating- 5-10 minutes. They are now ready to use. I baked mine in a tomato and sage sauce topped with cubes of almond feta (see here for the feta recipe).