Crispy Veg Puffs- gluten free
|We teamed them with a spicy tomato chutney and some stir-fried vegetables.|
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the peas/ sweetcorn.
- Gradually add water until your mixture is the consistency of cake batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop spoon the mix into the sections of a cake- pop maker and cook for about 15 minutes. If you are using the oven, place in blobs on an oiled baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes at 200C, turning halfway through. (Of course, you could always deep-fry them, but for us the whole point was getting a crispy, pakora-like savoury that didn't have to be fried.)
- While they are cooking, you could whip up your favourite chutney; we used a tin of chopped tomatoes, some spices, fresh ginger, raw sugar and tamarind to create our own in minutes. If you would like a recipe, though, there's one for date and tamarind chutney here.