Agave Almond Slice- vegan and sugar-free
- Oil and flour a medium-sized deep baking tray/ roasting tin and preheat oven to 180C
- Mix all dry ingredients except the flaked almonds
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate container
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well, beating for at least a minute.
- Put in the tray and scatter the flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. or until the top is browned and a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into slices.
What about a "Bakewell tart"? make a pastry case, line with sugar-free jam, and fill with the mixture topped with the flaked almonds.