|Our well-thumbed copy!|
- Improve concentration: avocado, asparagus, carrot, grapefruit
- Enhance memory: milk, nuts, rice
- Improve your mood; orange juice, paprika, soya beans, bananas
- Reduce stress: cottage cheese, almonds, brewer's yeast
- Enhance wellbeing: beans, peas, tofu
- Aid sleep: bread, noodles
- Enhance social skills: wheatgerm
- Strengthen immune system: garlic*
- Increase vitality: peas, beans, lentils
I'm sure there are many other foods to add to this list; I can already think of blueberries and elderberries for your immune system, honey to reduce stress and seeds to help memory and learning.
Thinking about what I happen to have eaten today, this means that I must have improved my concentration by eating avocado and grapefruit, enhanced my memory and reduced stress with the ground almonds in my home-made sweet, improved my mood mid-morning with a banana and increased my vitality and wellbeing after work with a bean pate. I wonder how my day would have turned out if I'd eaten cake and crisps instead?