I took this picture of my fridge at the beginning of the week, just after we went shopping. You can't quite see the salad drawer at the bottom. And now I realise that so much of what we buy is plastic-wrapped....
- Top shelf: Butter, cheese and lemons
- Second shelf: Parsnips, courgettes (hiding) and new potatoes
- Third shelf: Mixed bell peppers, homegrown pumpkin and helda beans
- Bottom shelf: Broccoli and savoy cabbages
- Salad drawers: Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, celery and cucumbers
- Shelves inside door (not pictured): Stuff already offered to Krishna, like natural yoghurt, cheese, low-fat cream cheese, pumpkin chutney, beansprouts, semi-skimmed milk, soya milk etc....
Now all I have to do is think of some way of using those savoy cabbages...hmmm... I seem to remember using them instead of vine leaves once.. now what did I stuff them with...? (Watch this space for the recipe if they turn out well.)
...So what's in your fridge today, and what will you cook with it? Please comment below- And how do we compare? Is mine a typical vegetarian fridge? Have I got a freaky fridge or am I a cool customer?? :)