Caturmasya- four special months
|(Image: BBT International)|
- Foods which are restricted for the entire four months are: tomatoes, eggplant (aubergines), loki, parmal, urid dal and honey. In addition to these, specific foods are restricted in specific months, as follows:
- First month: No leafy vegetables, such as spinach, salads of all types, cabbages of all types, kale, leafy herbs like coriander, mint, parsley, curry and powdered leafy herbs and teas
- Second month: No yoghurt (if one requires it for health, it can be mixed with water)
- Third month: No milk (if required, it can be mixed with a drop of lemon juice)
- Fourth month: No mustard oil or sesame seeds.