Winter fruit Salad- no added sugar
|A warming yet light start to the day|
- Prepare the fruit and put into an oven-proof dish
- Add a minimal amount of water, to help rehydrate the dried fruit
- Bake at 200C in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until softened and juicy
- Serve in a bowl with your favourite topping. I just drizzle on a bit of tahini, but you could have yoghurt, cream, almond or cashew cream, flaked almonds or seeds... just use your imagination! Dressed up, this dish is the basis of a great light dessert.
- Variations on the theme: You can also use plums, peaches or nectarines, mango, dessert pears or any fruit that takes your fancy. You could place a small cinnamon stick in the dish during cooking or sprinkle with mixed spice for an extra-Wintery flavour.