|Shown here with a milk chocolate-covered date, but the cake itself and its filling is completely vegan. (Apologies for blurry photo, but I was excited and the lighting was not so good...)|
- Mix the dry ingredients (apart from the sugar) together in a large bowl.
- · Whizz up the rest of the cake ingredients in a blender, including the sugar.
- · Combine the wet and dry mixtures, then add soya milk and beat well to mix.
- · Pour into damp 10” silicone moulds (or greased and floured cake tins).
- · Bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 22 mins (fan oven time) or until a thin skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a blender.
- Spread on one of upturned cooled cakes and sandwich together
- · Put on top of cake, alternated with squares of chocolate. Melt chocolate briefly under the grill. Or make chocolate dates and top with those. Being something of a perfectionist as well as an amazing cook, my husband put a walnut inside each date before covering them with the chocolate.