Vegan Green Pesto #2
|Green and yummy! Looks like some kind of chutney...|
|I served it with spaghetti and steamed broccoli. I left some pine nuts whole for the texture|
- Grind the pine nuts, leaving some whole. (Then you get little bites of intense pine-nutty flavour in your pesto).
- Put them in a bowl with the "Parmesan".
- Whizz up the fresh basil with the olive oil in a blender until it forms an oily paste.
- Add the blended mixture to the bowl with the pine nut mixture.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, dried basil and hing.
- You can serve this with pasta, hot or cold, or as a salad dressing.