Broccoli Beancurd Bake
|I served this with roast pumpkin and kale for a "power" dinner|
|The inside is soft, but the oats on top are crispy|
175g (1 packet) beancurd sheets, crumbled into large flakes and soaked in water until soft
500g broccoli (calabrese), cut into small florets
175g white cabbage, finely chopped
light olive oil for sauteing
2 tabs tahini
2 tabs plain flour
1l soya milk
5 tabs yeast flakes (aka nutritional yeast) plus some more for sprinkling
2 handfuls porridge oats
1 tab soy sauce/ tamari/ liquid aminos
1 tsp hing
a pinch of yellow mustard powder
1/2 tsp paprika
seasalt and black pepper to taste
- Drain the flakes thoroughly, and steam the broccoli florets.
- Mix them together in a large shallow roasting tin
- Saute the cabbage in the olive oil, and when soft, stir in the hing and the soy sauce.
- Add this to the dish.
- Make the sauce from the tahini, flour, soya milk, yeast flakes, mustard powder, paprika, salt and pepper: Make a roux over a gentle heat with the tahini and flour, and gradually whisk in the soya milk. Whisk in the yeast flakes and season to your taste.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and beancurd in the roasting tin.
- Scatter over the porridge oats and some more yeast flakes.
- Bake at 200C until heated through and slightly browning on top.