Stuffed Peppers on a Bed of Barley- vegan
|Serve piping hot with a crisp green salad on the side|
- Hollow out the peppers and cut the tops off to make lids. Place in an oiled baking tray and roast at 200C until starting to soften.
- Cook the barley in the water with a drizzle of olive oil until soft, adding the peas when nearly done.
- Meanwhile, mix the ground almonds, Parmazano and yeast flakes together in a bowl.
- Stir in the tomato puree, then the grated vegetables.
- Add the basil, hing and black pepper, mixing really well to distribute them evenly throughout the stuffing.
- Stuff the part-cooked peppers and put their lids on. Return to the oven to finish cooking while you make the salad.