|Yummy with lashings of custard...|
200g plain wholemeal flour
200g self-raising flour
4 tsps baking powder
400ml soya milk
150ml coconut oil
750g chopped fresh rhubarb
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate container.
- Gradually add the wet to the dry, beating well for about a minute.
- Oil and flour a tin 32 x 24 x 5.5 cm and cover the bottom with a layer of rhubarb pieces.
- Add the cake batter.
- Top with the rest of the rhubarb.
- Bake at 180C for about half an hour, until done all the way through. (The bottom of the cake will be a little wet even when cooked because of the fruit.)
- Make some custard with soya milk meanwhile, and serve the cake together with the custard. Yum! -A quick and easy dessert...