For the Flaky Pastry:
400g plain wholemel flour
150g coconut oil
100g extra-virgin cold pressed sunflower oil
1/2 tsp seasalt
cold water to mix
- Mix flour and salt.
- Rub the oil into the mixture.
- Cut in the coconut oil (should be still solid, but slightly soft, if you can get it to the right tewperature for this.)
- Mix to a dough with the water, using the minimum amount necessary.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and leave to rest at room temperature.
- Between sheets of clingfilm, roll it out into a rectangle- be sure to make it wide enough to wrap round the filling.
- Cut the peppers into thin strips, brush with olive oil and roast in the oven until starting to char at the edges. Set aside.
- Blitz the seitan in a food processor until it's the consistency of mince
- Mix the seitan and other ingredients together- not the peppers.
- Roll out the pastry, as detailed above.
- Pat the filling into a "sausage" shape and lay down the centre of the pastry rectangle.
- Lay the peppers on top.
- Using the clingfilm to help, gently bring the sides up over the filling and seal with water. Carefully turn it over onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Make diagonal slits in the top at regular intervals.
- Bake for 20 mions at 200C, until the pastry is nice and crisp.
2 tabs cold pressed sunflower/ olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tabs soy sauce/ liquid aminos
- Make a roux with the oil and flour, and gradually beat in the rest of the ingredients using a balloon whisk.
- Heat gently (don't boil) until thickened and warmed through, whisking to prevent lumps forming.