Date and Walnut Tea Loaf- vegan, sugar free
|Great with dairy-free spread or butter!|
|Fresh out of the oven...|
4 tsps baking powder
1 rounded tsp ground cinnamon
150g dried dates, stoned and chopped
100g walnut halves, roughly chopped
400ml redbush tea, made with 2 teabags
150ml sunflower oil
200ml date syrup
- Oil and flour your loaf tin and preheat your oven to 180C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, dates and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk or beat the tea, oil and date syrup until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the tea mixture to the bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon it into the loaf tin and bake for about 25 minutes, until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake emerges clean.
- Enjoy plain or topped with dairy-free spread/ butter, and a nice hot drink :)