This recipe is re-posted for Chandrani's event (details and logo below)...... can't wait to see all the other entries- events are a great way to find fresh inspiration, new blogs and blogging friends! This is an impressive dessert to serve and certainly got a rave reaction from our family when we made it. You can make it as pretty as you like with fruit and chocolate decorations.
- Mix all the ingredients together and press evenly into an oiled springform tin.
- Bake for 190-15 mins in an oven preheated to 150C. Take care not to over-brown the edges.
- Melt the chocolate. (Use a microwave or Bain Marie)
- Blitz everything in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, you could mash and blend by hand.)
- Pile it on top of the base and gently smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 150C.
- When the cheesecake is completely cool, decorate with a pattern of sliced fresh fruit.
- You can also sprinkle on grated chocolate.
- For an extra-special look, you could make chocolate curls or chocolate leaves (paint melted chocolate onto fresh rose leaves then peel off).