|Crispy latkes with a dollop of cashew sour cream- mmmm! (The black dots on the cream are pepper)|
There really is no need for a proper recipe, as these latkes are so simple to put together and you just adjust the quantities according to how many you want to make and your personal taste for the seasonings. Below the next picture you will find some instructions on how to make the latkes and the "sour cream":
- Grate the potatoes (for large amounts, using a food processor is easiest).
- If the potatoes are quite wet, squeeze the water out with your hands.
- Mix with the ground almonds and seasonings.
- Place balls of the mixture on an oiled baking sheet and press into patties with a spatula.
- Bake until golden-brown on both sides and crispy at the edges in an oven preheated to 200C.