|Use however many- or few- tortilla chips as you like, but be generous with the toppings!|
Make a decent vegan nacho cheese sauce- regular readers will know that we eschew bought vegan hard "cheeses" as they are inevitably highly processed and contain fillers like potato starch. Use plain salted tortilla chips rather than those with artificial flavourings. (Or you could use kale chips instead if you want to keep it raw). Serve with a range of toppings, including guacamole/ avocado, your favourite salsa, salad, olives, plain soya yoghurt or even refried beans. Scroll down below this picture to see exactly what to do and get the recipes for the accompaniments:
- Chop any salad veggies/ avocado ready. (Sprinkle lemon juice on avocado slices to stop them browning.)
- Using a balloon whisk for extra smoothness, make the nacho cheese sauce.
- Put the salsa together.
- Have any other accompaniments made up and on hand.
- Arrange the chips on a plate and drizzle on plenty of cheese sauce. You can leave them cold or use a microwave or grill to heat them gently- but be careful not to dry the sauce out.
- Serve covered with or accompanied by all the other stuff, and dig in!