Aloo Baingen- vegan
|I added peas to this traditional recipe|
- Dice the potato and aubergine and chop the coriander (scissors are good for this)
- Heat the oil in a large wide-bottomed pan/ karhai and stir fry the potato and aubergine until thoroughly coated.
- Add the cumin seeds, salt, fresh tomatoes bay leaves and hing. Place the lid on and sweat on a low heat until the aubergine and potato are soft.
- Add the peas, sugar (if using), passata and both corianders, and continue to cook with the lid off until it has reduced a little and the sauce is nice and rich.
- Serve with an Indian bread such as chapattis, bhatura or naan.