Seitan-ic burgers for Hallowe'en- vegan
|Use cut veggies to make a scary face...|
Makes 6-8 burgers:
350g seitan (see here for how to make)
150g cooked kal chana- or sub ordinary chickpeas
175g grated fresh pumpkin and beetroot
3 heaped tabs porridge oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tab soy sauce
1 tab brown rice miso
2 tsps smoked paprika
1 1/2 tabs tomato puree
1 scant tsp black pepper
- Blend the seitan and chickpeas together in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix in all the other ingredients.
- Form into burgers- I use a crumpet ring to shape them- squeezing out any excess moisture.
- Bake on an oiled tray at 200C, turning carefully halfway through.
- Decorate with sliced olives, peppers etc. to make the scary faces.