|A dark chocolate topping propels this superfood into the realms of festive fare|
- Coarsely grind the seeds- not as fine as a powder.
- Melt the gour in a sturdy pan over a gentle heat, then add the seeds.
- Carry on heating and stirring until the mixture darkens somewhat. This is when the oil comes out from the seeds and combines with the gour to produce a toffee-like consistency. You will find this doesn't take as long as regular chikki because the seeds are very oily and already crushed.
- Spread onto baking paper (I actually used a Paraflexx sheet from our dehydrator) and press into a thin layer; about 4-5mm. Score into squares.
- While still warm, top with your favourite brand of vegan dark chocolate- if you put a square of chocolate on each square of chikki you can spread it as it melts.
- Leave to set.