|The trees make wonderful cookies!|
- Melt the margarine, sugar and syrups in a pan.
- Turn off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- You should get a ball of workable dough- roll out about 1cm thick between sheets of baking parchment, cut out using the template and slide the bottom parchment and dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 200C in a preheated oven.
- Make a stiff icing from icing sugar and lemon juice/ water to use as "glue". (And snow.)
- Use cans/ packets to support the sides and roof while the frosting dries.
- Make windows by cutting out the centre of shapes and baking with boiled sweets in the centre.
- A liberal sprinkling of icing sugar gives a Wintry look.